This blog post is sponsored by Milan Laser but they reached out to me to work together after I had already chosen them as my laser hair removal of choice.
THINGS I DISLIKE… WHO’S WITH ME?
- Pumpkin Spice anything! That includes, but is NOT limited to lattes, candles, breads, foods, lotions, and air fresheners!
- Mascara that flakes! I mean, it’s 2022- this should NEVER be happening! Can I get an AMEN?!
- Generic ketchup! No compromising ever. It’s only Heinz. Just so happens I’m also a Pittsburgh gal, so it usually works out!
- Guys wearing tucked in polo shirts! If you must wear a polo shirt, don’t tuck it in. You can thank me later.
- Cooking on vacation. Cooking and vacation never go hand in hand. I’m not wrong.
- The word “budget”. I tell Scott often- we can talk about the budget or we can talk about having an amazing romance. We can’t have both. (Just kidding. Kinda.)
- Mismatched socks. How hard is it to throw socks away that don’t have matches? I promise you- It’s not that hard.
- Mental math. I’m married to a man that has a doctorate in math. I don’t like mental math, and I’m glad I don’t have to do it often.
- Stigmas around mental health. It’s time to drop the stigmas about mental health, and it’s time that as a society we devote as much energy to our mental health as our physical health.
- Android phones. It will always be a NO. Apple products have my heart.
- Acne. Why does it exist? It’s the worst ever, especially when you’re still dealing with it as a 40 year old that has been on Accutane two times!
- An overdone “fake” aesthetic. Overdone is OUT. Natural or slightly enhanced is IN.
- Luxury brands that have horrible customer service and quality. I’m so over this. Why does the cost of luxury goods continue to go up when the quality and service continues to go down? My biggest pet peeve.
- Body hair. There has never been a time that I have ever liked hair anywhere other than on my head and eyebrows. No further explanation needed.
- Shaving and Waxing. I’m tired of shaving. I’m tired of how painful waxing is. I’m tired of spending money on shaving and waxing.
My extreme dislike of #14 and #15 led me to FINALLY take action. I mean, if there is one thing I’ve learned after turning 40- it’s that there are some things in life you CAN actually change. Some problems can actually be solved– and rather QUICKLY and EASILY. So, after years of fighting ingrown hairs, painful rashes, razor bumps, razor burn, hair shadows, painful waxing procedures, and throwing money down the drain literally on razors, creams, serums, tweezers, waxing supplies, just to name a few- I decided I was going to do something for myself that I’ve been wanting to do for years- LASER HAIR REMOVAL. I’m so excited!
WHY MILAN LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
In case you are new here, I always do my research- whether it has to do with building a dream home– or finding the best way to lose weight– I always, always, always look into the options. I will never promote a product or service- or work with a brand that I don’t wholeheartedly believe in or haven’t tried and loved personally. I also read way more reviews than a sane person ever would (or should). I would like to think that doing the research is part of my job- because I can then pass along this knowledge to you to help you make the best and most informed decisions.
In my search for the best laser hair removal in my area, I stumbled upon Milan Laser Center. I had been looking into several Medical spas and other Skin centers previously, but Milan was different than all of the others (more on that later!). Needless to say, I was never sold on any of the places I had gone to for a consultation for laser hair removal in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. As soon as I found Milan, I truly knew this was the right place for me to have my laser hair removal done. Ironically, they reached out to me to collaborate a few months into my search, so I knew it was meant to be.
WHY LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
For me, the answer was simple. I’m now over 40. I’m tired of hair. I’m tired of razor burn. I’m tired of razor bumps. I’m tired of spending hundreds of dollars a year on waxing. I’m tired of driving miles to the closest waxing centers at the most inopportune times, only to have the hair grow back in 4 weeks. The average person who waxes 10 times a year, spends over 24K over their lifetime on waxing alone! I was ready to make the investment, and ditch the razor and painful waxing services for life! To me this was a wise investment to save not only money, but time as well!
WHERE IS MILAN LOCATED?
With over 220+ convenient laser hair removal centers and growing, Milan is truly the only laser hair removal specialist in the United States. I was thrilled to learn that there are already 14 convenient centers in Pennsylvania and THREE in the Pittsburgh area (Monroeville, Wexford, Robinson, and soon to be Shadyside!)
Find the Milan Laser location closest to you here!
HOW IS MILAN DIFFERENT?
To put it simply, the only service Milan provides is laser hair removal. No facial services, no cosmetic injectables, no body sculpting. The only service they specialize in is laser hair removal and therefore they are EXPERTS in the field.
Milan was founded over 10 years ago by two board certified medical doctors and their centers are performing over 30,000 treatments every single month. All procedures are performed by highly trained medical professionals. They truly know what they are doing when it comes to laser hair removal.
They also offer the Unlimited package! Keep reading to find out more!
WHY UNLIMITED SESSIONS?
I’ll be honest- the fact that Milan offers the Unlimited Package is what truly sold me! Did you now that the average person that chooses Laser Hair Removal will need 7 to 10 sessions to be completely hair-free? I can’t tell you the number of places that I went to for a consultation and the esthetician told me I would only need 3-4 sessions. These places also offer no guarantee. It’s also no secret that as you age, your body will also change. For men, this might mean increased body hair growth through adulthood. For women, changes in activity levels, PMS, pregnancy, and menopause can all stimulate your hair growth.
With Milan’s Unlimited Package, you will also receive a lifetime guarantee! This means that you’ll never pay annoying touch-up fees or run out of sessions before your hair is completely gone. It includes unlimited sessions of laser hair removal on an area for one affordable price — FOR LIFE. I promise it’s not too good to be true. Once you make the investment, you can be sure your hair will be gone for good.
If you choose Milan, you’ll never have to worry about paying for additional sessions. Your results are guaranteed for life! Lifetime guarantee and no surprise costs!
WHAT KIND OF LASER DOES MILAN USE?
I think one of the most important questions to ask when looking into laser hair removal is, “What kind of laser is being used?” At Milan, all lasers are FDA approved and are tailored to each individual’s specific skin type and hair color.
They use the Candela GentleMax Pro for all of their treatments! This dual-wavelength laser combines Alexandrite and Nd: YAG laser technology into one machine, making it easy and safe to treat all skin tones. Additionally, the built-in cryogen cooling spray protects the skin and makes treatments less painful than waxing.
Basically, they are using the most effective and gentle laser for skin hair removal that is available on the market today!
HOW EXPENSIVE IS IT?
Now for the question I’m sure you have been waiting for- Jessica, How much is it? I said I don’t like to talk about the finances or the budget- remember? Haha. Honestly speaking, because Milan offers laser hair removal on any body part- it is important to set up your free consultation at the laser center nearest you to discuss pricing. The consultation is absolutely free and there they can discuss pricing, especially if you decide you want to do more than one area of hair removal like I did!
The best part about Milan is that they believe that everyone deserves to get smooth, hair free skin at a price they can afford, and this is why they offer a no interest affordable payment plan at every location. With Milan Credit, you can start on your laser hair removal journey for as little as $29 per month! And I’m sure if you’ve been waxing on a regular basis, you know this is less than the cost of monthly body waxing! They also offer 100% approval! Yes- Don’t worry, everyone is approved for at least one of their payment plans! You can even find out which payment options you pre-qualify for before coming in for your free consultation. Filling out the prequalification application does not affect your credit score, takes less than 2 minutes, and provides you with private results right away!
Milan was so generous to offer my blog readers and followers a generous discount off their services!
Be sure to mention the code “JustBeingJessica60” during your consultation to save even more on your laser hair removal services treatment plan!
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
At Milan, their goal is to provide state of the art laser treatments in a fun, relaxing environment. This means that they do everything they can to ensure you will be as comfortable as possible during your sessions. I love that Milan exists to help everyone with their hair removal needs. They are an all inclusive, judgment free zone.
They also know that everyone has their own modesty standards—whether that is religious based or simply a personal choice—and they never want you to feel like you have to choose between being modest and being hairy. As a practicing Catholic, laser hair removal, or hair removal in general has always been something that I’ve been a little uncomfortable talking about or exploring, but Milan made this process easy and comfortable. They do this by providing the following:
- Private Consultations. Your consultation will occur one on one with a laser hair removal expert in a private space!
- Female Providers. There are female providers at every location!
- Staying Covered. For many body areas, you can stay fully clothed during the treatment and only have the area being treated showing. Areas like the upper lip, chin, underarms, lower legs, and arms, can all be done without needing to undress or reveal any other parts of your body.
- Treatment Robes. If you need to remove any clothing to have your treatment completed, they provide robes for you to wear to help keep the rest of your body covered. While you are changing into the robe in the treatment room, no one else is in the room, and the treatment provider will knock to request permission to enter once you have put the robe on and are on the treatment table.
I’m so happy I have started my journey with Milan Laser Hair Removal in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. I am 100 percent confident I have chosen the right place, and have faith that the experience is going to be amazing and life changing! Please send any additional questions you have regarding laser hair removal – THE PROCESS – my way and I’ll be answering them all on my next blog post. Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see more of my journey in real time!